Saturday, June 6, 2009

a new friend

Finally,
it's warm enough to say summer has arrived in Toronto.
Though, I had a dream that it snowed in June..... I'm glad it was just a dream.
Along with the hot sun, a new member has moved in to the gallery.


The new home (where the red arrow is)


It freaked me out at first, and still does...
A pile of dust was on the gallery floor last Saturday when I opened the gallery.
I found it strange, thought the ops were swiping the floor and forgot to bag the dirt.

After a while, I heard scratching noise coming from above.
I looked up, and there was something up there.
I took a closer look at the ventilation system...
and found out that the pile of dirt was actually a piece of a nest.




thought it was a bird's nest at first....
So something has moved in to our gallery's ventilating system.
I didn't know what it was at first,
but was quite relieved to find out it was a squirrel.








A squirrel crawling around... hmmmmm... Can't be too good.


Thank god it wasn't a raccoon,
that would have been very freaky, indeed.
I don't want anything falling of the ceiling onto my head while working.
I've noticed the security about it, and it is still living in the gallery after a week.
It just freaks me out once in a while when the squirrel is moving around.
It hasn't fallen, yet, or dropped anything, yet.

As long as it doesn't drop anything on me, I think I'll be able to manage it living in the gallery.
Though, I think the nest should be removed soon.
We don't want a whole family of baby squirrels running around in the most busiest times of the year.

Personally,
I think it's funny to watch squirrels quarrel for food and chase each other up the trees...
Gardeners hate them for digging up their gardens,
but they are just not intelligent enough to figure out where they hid the food last winter, or a day ago for that matter.

There isn't much food in the gallery, so I don't know what it's doing here.
well, as long as it stays up there, I'm good.

No comments: