Wednesday, December 16, 2009

my obsession - sweets


image link

to warm up in this icy windy waterfront weather,
second cup became my favourite coffee shop this winter.
not only it is within 100 steps from work, it is housed in a really cozy building.
(and got amazing selection of baked goods too.. so tempting everytime I go)
I was able to recognize it right away when I saw it on their website.
YAY! Harbourfront!!!


image link

I had this sweet-aversion for a while and only drank coffee black or just tea
but ever since I got my hands on those sweet creamy soft cheesecake,
my sweet tooth came back....


image link

my chocolate aversion is somewhat changed too, since I tasted that sweet salty
chocolate coated roasted corn at SOMA. omg, it's so so so scrumptious!!!



image link

but chocolate and cheesecake still remains as a treat for me.
I only have it when I really really feel like having them, which is not very often.
but this... hazelnut latte at Second Cup is just too comforting I cannot simply let go, yet.

*a small hazelnut latte with extra shot of espresso, half sweet and with skim milk (phew~)*
but when they make it with sugarfree syrup it tastes funky... so it's not truly skinny latte.

I should be watching calories on these sweets I've lately grew to love,
or I am going expand... hahahahaha.....
but in this cold weather,
comfort food is a definite need!

No comments: