Wednesday, November 30, 2011

cooking, photographying, baking, talking




grace invited me to her love nest on the weekend. her husband was away on a business trip and decided this would be a great opportunity for some gal-talking/bonding time. her house was cozy, warming and stylishly decorated. living in an apartment for a long long time now, visiting someone's 'house' always brings back mixed feelings: memories from my (or should i say my parents') house before i left home and longing for wanting a house for me and my future family.


she made amazing dinner for the two of us. the soontofu soup was amazing. spending 2 hours on a bus to grace's place was so worth it. she treated me really well with plenty snacks, ice cream, food and love.


i helped her take some photos of her pieces for the upcoming exhibition. but we didn't have clear direction and the photo session ended without any success. grace installed her pieces in the basement and the lighting was just horrible. things like this really pushes me harder to learn to photo well, in any circumstances. i guess i still have lots to learn...


after few tiring photo sessions, we baked some cookies. the recipe is from chef michael smith. this was the most chewy and soft choco chip cookie i've ever tasted! and i did the honours of making it from scratch. as i mentioned previously, i am no good at baking, and grace encouraged me to do it myself, and voila. i was so surprised how amazing they turned out to be!!! i am gonna have so much fun this winter, baking endless supply of cookies. muhahahahaah.

2 comments:

Shuyu Lu said...

Grace's place looks really neat & cozy!! Just like her! I have the same plant but didnt know it's money tree?! I should treat it well since I know it now..!

kat said...

i bought a pot of money tree for my parents too.. it was very small only a size of 500ml waterbottle, now it is four times bigger than it used to be. it grows well. i guess that means good luck ;D